Jobseekers’ bus journeys double on Stagecoach routes as UK vacancies near million mark
- Trips under Stagecoach’s National Jobseekers’ discounted travel initiative up 115% since May;
- Bus travel to find work rises as latest ONS data reveals more than 950,000 UK job vacancies;
- More than 120 people a day applying to work with Britain’s biggest bus and coach operator;
- Job applications up 8.5% on pre-COVID levels as 300 operations and engineering roles on offer;
- Government figures show bus journeys outside London now close to 70% of pre-COVID levels.
The Bus Bus Bus could take us to our Jobs Jobs Jobs as Britons get back to bus. Passenger numbers are beginning to reach pre-COVID levels outside London. For the country’s jobseekers, demand for buses have doubled as individuals look to secure roles among a record number of vacancies in the UK.Continue reading “Jobseekers’ Discount Scheme Pays Off for Stagecoach”