Stagecoach Manchester’s summertime evening fare offer
If you’re a sporadic bus user, chances are you seldom buy a season ticket for one or more operator. When you do catch a bus for the one journey, you quibble about the expense of the fare and think “stuff this, back to the car”. Or you get a cab for these occasional journeys instead and split the fare with a friend or relative.
For the summer months, Stagecoach Manchester have come up with an idea to woo occasional passengers on their evening journeys. From the 23 July 2017, until the 02 September, a £2.00 single fare will be introduced on journeys after 7pm till midnight.
At present, normal single fares range from £1.50 to £4.10. Whether this offer applies to half fares remains to be seen. If not, a child travelling from Ashton-under-Lyne to Hadfield could end up paying more than an accompanying adult on the post-7pm 237.
Could this become a regular thing? Would First follow suit with a similar scheme? Especially as Ashton-under-Lyne to Oldham is a wallet-busting £4.00 from 5am to midnight.
Stagecoach Manchester evening services in the Tameside area:
- 201: Hattersley – Hyde – Denton – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 204: Hyde – Haughton Green – Denton – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 216: Ashton-under-Lyne – Droylsden – Clayton – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 219: Ashton-under-Lyne – Audenshaw – Higher Openshaw – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 237: Ashton-under-Lyne – Stalybridge – Hollingworth – Hadfield – Glossop;
- 330: Manchester Airport – Stockport – Hyde – Dukinfield – Ashton-under-Lyne;
- 346: Ashton-under-Lyne – Dukinfield – Newton – Hyde;
- 347: Ashton-under-Lyne – Guide Bridge – Denton – Haughton Green.
S.V, 03 July 2017.