Just the usual reversion to schoolday timetables but…
- Changes to 353 service sees curtailment to Dobcross;
- Retiming of peak hour Denton – Stockport journeys.
Little to report today other than one minor change and the restoration of schoolday journey times.
The biggest change affecting Tameside and Saddleworth passengers concerns the 353 service operated by First Greater Manchester. From the 01 September, the service which operates every two hours will no longer terminate at Carrcote. Instead, it will terminate at Dobcross approaching the village as per the present. From the former Woolpack pub, it will turn left towards Uppermill.
As a result, residents on Palin Wood Road will see its connection with Uppermill and Ashton-under-Lyne cut to every two hours. Some may argue the walk from Palin Wood Road to the centre of Delph would be negligible but the slight gradient and longer wait is less attractive to older residents. Its sister route, the 354 will see some revision to its running times.
The second change affecting Saddleworth passengers is a minor change to one journey of the 184 service. Its 1638 journey from Piccadilly Gardens to Uppermill will be curtailed to operate from Hollinwood.
Sticking to retimings of a peak hour variety, the 322 and 327 services from Stockport to Haughton Green and Denton will be retimed. Similarly this will be true of the 231 service from Piccadilly to Ashton-under-Lyne via Littlemoss and Tameside Hospital.
The following services shall be reverting to their schoolday timetables:
- 7: Ashton-under-Lyne – Droylsden – Dane Bank – Stockport;
- 168: Ashton-under-Lyne – Chorlton-cum-Hardy;
- 169: Ashton-under-Lyne – Southern Cemetery;
- 201: Piccadilly – Denton – Hyde – Hattersley;
- 204: Hyde – Haughton Green – Denton – Piccadilly;
- 205: Denton – Dane Bank – Gorton – Piccadilly;
- 206: Gee Cross – Hyde – Denton – West Gorton – Piccadilly;
- 207: Gee Cross – Hyde – Denton – Piccadilly;
- 219: (Stalybridge) – Ashton-under-Lyne – Fairfield – Openshaw – Piccadilly;
- 221: Dukinfield [Tennyson Avenue] – Audenshaw – Openshaw – Piccadilly;
- 231: Ashton-under-Lyne – Littlemoss – Droylsden – Clayton – Piccadilly;
- 327: Denton – Brinnington – Stockport.
We await October’s set of changes with intrepidation.
S.V., 20 August 2015.