Some slight tweaks and the usual Summer timetable changes
- Extra journey added to 217 service;
- Operator revision to peak hour 345 service;
- Alt Estate no longer served by 408.
A few changes to Tameside’s tendered services and the usual summer timetable form part of this season’s raft of service changes. In the former category, only minor changes in the Tameside and Oldham areas.
Two changes affect the services which used to serve, and now serve, Dukinfield and Stalybridge (perhaps this post should be entitled Dukinfield Bus Service Changes again!). S&S Travel Services’ 217 journeys will be given a slight boost. Saturday mornings will see an extra journey from Shudehill Interchange to Ashton-under-Lyne, departing from Manchester at 0845.
The 408, also the partial replacement to the 217 and 218 services between Stalybridge, Dukinfield and Droylsden, will see a route change in the Oldham area. Sunday, evening and Bank Holiday journeys will be rerouted in Glodwick via Waterloo Street, and cease to call at Alt Estate. Instead, evening journeys of the 425 service from Fitton Hill to Holts Estate will call at Alt Estate, in line with its daytime service.
Checkmate Coaches’ retrenchment from bus operations has continued with the 345‘s peak hour journeys transferring to First Greater Manchester. This affects the 0713 and 0813 journeys from Denton to Ashton-under-Lyne, the 0710 part route journey from Denton Crown Point (a positioning journey for the 0713), and the 0745 journey from Ashton-under-Lyne to Denton [Pendle Road]. These cover the journeys hitherto operated by First Manchester in early 2008, on an emergency tender after the demise of Vale of Manchester in late January of that year.
As usual for this time, the following services to and from the Tameside, the High Peak and Saddleworth areas which will see summer timetables in operation:
Stagecoach in Manchester (from the 20 July to the 30 August 2014):
- 7: Ashton-under-Lyne – Droylsden – Gorton – Reddish – Stockport;
- 168: Ashton-under-Lyne – Droylsden – Belle Vue – Chorlton-cum-Hardy;
- 169: Ashton-under-Lyne – Droylsden – Belle Vue – Southern Cemetery;
- 201: Hattersley – Hyde – Denton – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 204: Hyde – Denton – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 205: Dane Bank – Debdale Park – Gorton – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 206/207: Gee Cross – Hyde – Denton – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 216: Ashton-under-Lyne – Droylsden – Clayton – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 219: (Stalybridge) – Ashton-under-Lyne – Fairfield – Openshaw – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 221: Dukinfield [Tennyson Avenue] – Audenshaw – Higher Openshaw – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 231: Ashton-under-Lyne – Tameside Hospital – Littlemoss – Droylsden – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 358: Stockport – Marple – New Mills – Hayfield.
First Greater Manchester (from the 27 July to the 30 August 2014):
- 180: Greenfield – Lees – Oldham – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 184: Huddersfield – Uppermill – Oldham – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens];
- 409: Rochdale – Royton – Oldham – Hathershaw – Ashton-under-Lyne;
- X84: Carrcote – Uppermill – Hollinwood – Manchester [Piccadilly Gardens].
* * *
Up to now, that’s your lot. In our area, nothing major. From previous trends most of the major changes to Tameside’s and Saddleworth’s bus network have occurred around Spring or Autumn. Could there be more of the same this September?
S.V., 16 July 2014.