Timetable set in motion for transition from Finglands to FirstGroup
From Sunday, First Greater Manchester will be the proud operator of two 41 services. Two entirely different 41 services with varying levels of traffic and clientele. Both of which daily, one of them operated with eco-friendly electric hybrid Solos.
As part of its transition, Finglands’ daily and weekly tickets are in this immediate future available for purchase. Not only that, they also be valid between Manchester Royal Infirmary and its Rusholme terminus on the 18 service. There will be no changes made to the timetable.
Gradually, the former Finglands buses will be replaced by a fleet of new vehicles – Wright Streetlite single decker buses. These will be fitted with new ticket machines, issuing First Greater Manchester’s FirstDay rover tickets and FirstWeek season tickets. In addition to this, will be a range of local season tickets and day rover tickets for use on the former Finglands services.
And of course, anybody with an existing FirstDay, FirstWeek, FirstMonth or FirstAnnual ticket from Sunday, will be able to travel on former Finglands services. If for example you purchased your FirstWeek on a 425 in Fitton Hill and fancied a trip to Altrincham, you could continue your journey via the 83 from Oldham and the 41 from Manchester to Altrincham.
Former Finglands services:
- 16: Altrincham – Sale – Chorlton-cum-Hardy – Whalley Range – Manchester (weekday and Saturday evenings and all day Sundays, every 2 hours – all other journeys operated by Arriva North West);
- 19: Manchester Airport – Wythenshawe – Sale – Altrincham (evenings only, four journeys along full route, one part route between Altrincham and Sale and one part route journey between Manchester Airport and Sale Moor – all other journeys operated by Arriva North West);
- 41: Piccadilly – West Didsbury – Sale – Altrincham (once hourly to Altrincham on evening journeys, every 10 minutes to Sale during the day – further journeys also operated by Stagecoach Manchester);
- 42: Piccadilly – Fallowfield – Withington – East Didsbury (every 20 minutes, Monday to Saturdays – further journeys, seven days a week operated by Stagecoach Manchester);
- 99: Sale – Brooklands – Baguley – Southern Cemetery – Fallowfield – Piccadilly (hourly, eight journeys each way along full route, plus two from Baguley to Piccadilly and one from Brooklands to Sale – Sunday service operated by Stagecoach Manchester. No evening service);
- 157: Woodford – Bramhall – Cheadle Hulme – East Didsbury – Rusholme – Piccadilly (three return journeys, weekday evenings; four return journeys, Saturday evenings – all other journeys operated by Stagecoach Manchester as limited stop service X57).
All school services hitherto operated by Finglands are unaffected.
S.V., 07 February 2014.