The Most Wonderful Time of the Year is hours away, even if that Most Wonderful Time of the Year is bereft of buses. East of the M60 hopes you get everything you want this year, such as the model Borismaster you have coveted for over the last six months.
Before you rush off to open your presents tomorrow or try to feign interest in Deal or No Deal, please note that:
- The 330 and 409 will be running a limited service on Boxing Day (half hourly during shopping hours), along with the 201, 216 and 219;
- The Boxing Day 330 will be advantageous for Hyde fans visiting Edgeley Park;
- It may be double fare or Tariff 3 on the local taxis for ‘Bridge fans watching Altrincham at Bower Fold;
- You cannot escape the furniture adverts on ITV;
- Timeshifting your Christmas viewing will prove to be a useful ally, especially if you like Downton Abbey and The Royle Family.
Apart from all that, East of the M60 wishes you all a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. May your Christmas be wet (which it will be anyway), tinged with real ale, and include three points at Edgeley Park or Bower Fold.
S.V., 24 December 2012.