Home ties against Yorkshire opposition await Hyde and Droylsden
The Third Qualifying Round draw sees both the Bloods and the Tigers awarded home ties.
Hyde, who beat Staveley Miners’ Welfare convincingly on Saturday face Bradford Park Avenue. Droylsden are drawn at home to Stocksbridge Park Steels. With the Stocksbridge side victors over Droylsden’s Blue Square Bet North stablemates Colwyn Bay, this could prove to be a challenging tie.
Guiseley, who overcame Stalybridge Celtic in a 2 – 1 win are away to either Vauxhall Motors or Ashington. FC United of Manchester have missed out on a lucrative home tie against FC Halifax Town. Their defeat against Lancaster City would see the Shaymen travel to the Giant Axe Stadium instead of Gigg Lane.
Had Ashton United and Altrincham both amassed home wins on Saturday, we would have seen a Clash of the Robins at Moss Lane. Instead, Witton Albion host Spennymoor Town at Wincham Park.
Radcliffe Borough host Hebburn Town. Also at home, Nantwich Town who will entertain Kendal Town. Hinckley United, victors of Matlock Town, are at home to Leek Town. The Staffordshire club put paid to Deeping Rangers’ aspirations of progressing further. Rushall Olympic, victors of Buxton at Silverlands, are away to Barrow Town. A challenging home tie awaits Hednesford Town; they face either Corby Town or Histon.
Fixtures (week beginning 15 October 2011):
- Nantwich Town v Kendal Town;
- Ashington or Vauxhall Motors v Guiseley;
- Droylsden v Stocksbridge Park Steels;
- Radcliffe Borough v Hebburn Town;
- Hyde v Bradford Park Avenue;
- Witton Albion v Spennymoor Town;
- Hinckley United v Leek Town;
- Lancaster City v FC Halifax Town;
- Barrow Town v Rushall Olympic;
- Hednesford Town v Histon or Corby Town.
The Butchers Arms, Droylsden:
- Bus: 216, 217, 218 and 231 buses from Manchester and Ashton-under-Lyne; 168 and 169 from Southern Cemetery, Chorlton-cum-Hardy and Ashton; 7 from Stockport, Gorton and Ashton (all routes operated by Stagecoach Manchester);
- Rail/Bus combination: train to Ashton-under-Lyne then 216, 217, 218, 231, 168, 168 and 7 buses from Ashton bus station.
Ewen Fields, Walker Lane, Hyde:
- Bus: 201 (Stagecoach Manchester) and 397 (SpeedwellBus);
- Rail: trains from Manchester Piccadilly and Guide Bridge to Newton or Hyde Central railway stations (all services operated by Northern Rail).
Stainton Park, Pilkington Road, Radcliffe:
- Bus: 98 from Bury, Whitefield and Manchester [Shudehill Interchange] (First Manchester);
- Bus/Tram combination: Metrolink tram from Manchester or Altrincham to Bury, then 98 bus from Bury.
S.V., 03 October 2011.